Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Terakhir Diubah : 15:56:29 - Rabu, 14 September 2022
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
World AIDS Day
World AIDS Day which falls on December 1 is celebrated to raise awareness of the worldwide AIDS epidemic caused by the spread of the HIV virus.
This concept was initiated at the World Health Ministers Meeting on Programs for AIDS Prevention in 1988. Since then, it has been commemorated by governments, international organizations and charities around the world. Happy World AIDS Day
Earthquake Insurance: Extension Coverage
Earthquakes may happen naturally , but we do not know exactly when. Vehicle insurance, as in the Indonesian Automotive Insurance Standard Policy issued by AAUI, does not have Earthquake Coverage included in the Standard policy. To have an Earthquake Risk Guarantee, the Insured needs to extend the Earthquake Protection Guarantee as Extension Coverage (Additional Coverage). For more info about the extension coverage, please contact Sahabat Insurance call center or via WhatsApp chat: 021-50508080.
Does Car Insurance Cover Landslides?
Aside from the danger of flooding, heavy rainfall can also lead to mudflow, basically creating a river of mud; and landslides, which are caused by the movement of the destabilized land—due either to gradual erosion or an accumulation of water. Does your auto insurance policy provide coverage for landslides?
Insurance shall not cover any loss of, damage to and/or expense incurred in Motor Vehicle and/or legal liability against any third party directly or indirectly caused by, as a consequence of, resulting from: earthquake, volcanic eruption, windstorm, tempest, tsunami, hail, flood, inundation, landslide or other geological or meteorological symptoms (Motor Vehicle Insurance Standard Policy in Indonesia chapter 2, Exclusion, article 3, point 3.2).
Like flood, however, earthquake and landslide is excluded from standard car insurance policies—you must buy the coverage separately. Please call 021- 50508080 for more information.
Why does my vehicle repair take so long?
When you buy an insurance policy and make an insurance claim sometimes you wonder. Will my vehicle be repaired fast or long? The claim provisions have actually been stated on the policy or in accordance with the regulations. To be clear about what things are covered by insurance, it would be nice to check your insurance policy more carefully. If the risk is included in the clause and does not conflict with the exclusion or legal defect, then a claim for reimbursement is acceptable.
As is known, the claim procedure begins with reporting the incident to the insurance company, then the insurance company will conduct a survey. Then the cost estimation is carried out and then an SPK (Work Order) is issued to the partner workshop.
Then a new question arises. Why do vehicle repairs sometimes take so long to make a vehicle insurance claim? In some cases there may be several reasons why vehicle repairs take a long time, for example
1.Incomplete insurance claim documents.
2. Damage to the vehicle is very severe.
3. Availability of spare parts is also one of the possible reasons why your vehicle "stays" in the workshop for a long time.
4. During the inspection there may be vehicle damage that was missed during reporting.
Call us at 021-50508080 for vehicle insurance inquiries and information.