Difference of insurance, savings, investment
What is the difference between insurance, savings and investment? Before we know the difference, it is better if we know the meaning first.
- According to the Big Indonesian Dictionary (KBBI), insurance is coverage, an agreement between two parties. Meanwhile, the definition of insurance is quoted from the Financial Services Authority (OJK), which is an agreement between an insurance company and a policy holder which is the basis for receiving premiums by insurance companies as compensation in the form of replacing or reducing losses.
- Meanwhile, the definition of savings as reported by the Financial Services Authority (OJK) is money deposits in banks whose withdrawals can only be made according to certain conditions. Generally, banks will provide a passbook that contains information on all the transactions you have made and an ATM card complete with a personal number (PIN). In its current development, there are several types of savings that no longer use passbooks but internet/mobile banking.
- Investment is investment, usually in the long term for the procurement of complete assets or the purchase of shares and other securities for profit.
Now, after knowing the meaning, let's see what the difference is:
1. Insurance is to provide protection against risks that may occur to your assets in the future, savings are a means to save wealth from unused income while investment is an investment of funds in the long term to earn profits.
2. Insurance has an element of necessity because it is bound by a contract in the policy, savings and investment are more flexible and according to the ability of each individual.
3. While the risks that may occur will be protected in insurance according to the terms and conditions in the policy, while the investment risk depends on market conditions.
Well, hopefully this article provides information about insurance, savings and investment. For further inquiries regarding insurance and how to claim, you can contact us at 021-50508080
Sahabat Insurance at Infobank 24th Insurance Award
Jakarta, 27 July 2023 - PT Asuransi Sahabat Artha Proteksi (Sahabat Insurance) received the "excellent" award in Infobank's general insurance rating for 3 consecutive years, namely in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Sahabat Insurance won 2nd place in the category of General Insurance Companies with a Gross Premium of IDR 250 billion to IDR 500 billion in 2023 (2022 performance) at the Infobank 24th Insurance Awards 2023 which was held at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, Jakarta.
Does Car Insurance Cover Flood & Water Damage?
For those of you who don't know, car insurance also has an expansion of flood car insurance. It is important that you have this expansion of flood car insurance, especially during the rainy season and when you live at a high risk of flooding. Each policyholder can request an expansion of the insurance.
The Flood Insurance Claims Process
1. Contact your insurance agent or company to report your flood loss. Your flood insurance policy requires you to give prompt written notice of your loss.
2.Do not attempt to start a flooded car. Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any standing water.
3.Keep proof of flood damage. Take photos for proof. Don't remove or replace any damaged items without your insurance company's approval.
4.Prepare the required documents, such as a driver's license, vehicle registration, car insurance policy number or if there are photocopies of these documents, this will make the claim process easier.
5. Report the damage to your car insurance company maximum of 5 days after the incident. Don't delay filing a claim. It may cause more damage to your car. Contact Sahabat Insurance at 021-50508080 for information about flood expansion insurance.
Travel Insurance Benefits
Travel insurance can give you extra protection if your holiday doesn't go as planned. So you should make sure you have cover if you're planning a trip away. It's particularly important to take out travel insurance if you are travelling independently because you may find yourself stranded with no way to get home and no-one to help sort out your holiday problem. Read this page for more information on what you need to think about before you take out a travel insurance policy. Travel insurance can protect you against the following things going wrong: Cancelling or cutting short your trip for reasons beyond your control Cancellation or delayed departure for reasons beyond your control Medical and other emergencies Personal injury and death Lost, stolen or damaged items, including baggage, passports and money Accidental damage or injury while on vacation. If you don't have travel insurance you will have to pay out of your own pocket to deal with a problem while you're away. Or you may lose money if you have to cancel a trip and can't get your money back.