IG Live: Protecting your assets through insurance
In order to support the Financial Inclusion Month with the Financial Services Authority of Indonesia, Sahabat Insurance will be live on instagram with the theme
“Protecting your assets through insurance “
Thursday, October 6, 2022
at 4 PM.
Marketing Director of Sahabat Insurance
GIVEAWAY Don't miss out. Win a total prize of IDR 300,000! For more info please follow our instagram @sahabatinsurance.id
Giveaway period 6 - 9 October 2022.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
In general, each car has a unique vehicle identification number or NIK. This number consists of 17 characters, combines letters and numbers and is considered the birth certificate of the car. In fact, it is an international code created to facilitate car identification. NIK is also known as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). NIK stores a lot of information such as car history records, car variations and models, where they were made, specifications, and much more. This number can be found on different parts of the car such as the driver's door, chassis, hood, dashboard and under the front passenger seat depending on the type of car you have.
What is Own Risk?
Hi, Sahabat! If you have vehicle insurance, you must recognize some insurance terms so as not to get confused.
When purchasing a vehicle insurance product, you will be introduced to the term Own Risk (OR). Own risk can be interpreted as payment of compensation costs made by the vehicle owner or the insured for any loss and or damage that occurs when submitting a claim. If you do this, it means that you already know your responsibilities as a vehicle owner. As a form of your sense of responsibility to always be careful when driving. The standard, in accordance with OJK Letter No. 6 of 2017 stipulates that the current OR fee is a minimum of IDR 300,000 per incident.
Please note, standard car insurance policies actually only cover loss or damage caused by accident, collision, impact, overturning, slipping, or falling; evil deeds; theft; as well as fire and all risks covered by the motor vehicle insurance policy. However, if due to a disaster caused by natural disasters such as rain, flood, tsunami, hurricane, hail, tsunami, a product is provided in the form of an extension to protect your car from the causes mentioned above.
If you want to get further explanation regarding self-risk calculation or car insurance closing procedure through Sahabat Insurance Customer Service Online, we are happy to answer your questions via our hotline at 021-50508080 or Whatsapp at 021-50508080.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.