Parking: Shift to “P” Or Pull the Handbrake First?
Terakhir Diubah : 10:06:57 - Selasa, 06 September 2022
The parking brake is essential to your safety and those around you. If you have an automatic gearbox, apply the handbrake first, then put it in P. This ensures that the car’s weight isn’t resting on the parking pawl. If you don’t use the handbrake, you’ll be putting constant pressure on the parking pawl and transmission components which will eventually fail, leading to costly repairs.
Your car’s brakes are controlled by something called a parking pawl.The parking pawl locks the transmission's output shaft to the transmission casing by engaging a pawl (a pin) that engages in a notched wheel on the shaft, stopping it (and thus the driven wheels) from rotating.When you shift into “P” first, the weight of the car rests on that tiny metal bit we call the parking pawl. That’s not great. When you do this, you will hear the unpleasant “clunk” when shifting out of “P” later.
If you have an automatic transmission, apply the handbrake first, then put it in P. Shifting to 'P' before pulling the handbrake is how you damage your automatic transmission.
Payment Fraud Prevention - Sahabat Insurance
Payment Fraud Prevention
- To make payments, payment must be made only to the PT Asuransi Sahabat Artha Proteksi (Sahabat Insurance) bank account number.
- Customers will be referred to their own Virtual Accounts. A Virtual Account consists of a unique customer ID number (please find it on your Sahabat Insurance’ premium note).
- Therefore, please avoid attempting to transact other than Sahabat Insurance bank account number, as it may lead to cancellation policy.
- If you encounter any suspicious transaction, please report it immediately.For more info please call 021-50508080, chat via WA 021-50508080 or email us [email protected]
Tas hilang saat travelling! Apa saja yang harus dilakukan?
You’ve just gotten off the plane and you’re in a new country, ready for an amazing vacation! But time passes and the bags from your flight is missing. Do not panic. Here are the steps you must take if you lose your items while on vacation abroad:
Report to the nearest police station
Immediately report it to the nearest police station. Although the item may not necessarily be found, at least you will get a loss certificate which of course you really need for an insurance claim.
Come to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia (KBRI)
If the lost item is a passport, immediately go to the local Indonesian Embassy (KBRI) or the local Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia (KJRI) to arrange for making a Passport-like Travel Letter (SPLP) as a passport replacement.
The next step is to make a claim to the insurance. Contact Travel Insurance Sahabat Insurance and prepare the required documents, including: boarding pass/ticket, passport, loss certificate from the police, receipt of the claimed item (if not available, then include information on the type of item and the price of the item claimed), Travel Letter Like a passport and receipt for making a new passport if the lost passport is. Documents that must be completed may vary depending on your claim needs. Immediately complete the documents requested by the insurance so that you can get an insurance claim quickly.
For Travel Insurance, please call Sahabat Insurance 021-50508080.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
First Aid Treatment for Minor Burns
When in the kitchen or at home, sometimes we accidentally touch a hot pot or hit a small fire, resulting in minor burns on the skin. What is first aid when there is a burn? Immediately cool the wound with running water for 15 minutes, apply a burn medicine, antiseptic or cold gel made from aloe vera and cover the wound with gauze or a clean cloth. #SahabatInsurance