Car Insurance Protection
We really never know about things that might happen in the future. For that, it is also important that you have protection from various risks, in this case regarding the car, such as the risk of damage to loss. Pity your expensive car is damaged? Moreover, because there is no protection, you also have to pay dearly for the cost of repairing it.
Vehicle insurance is useful to protect you from losses due to accidents. What are some examples of vehicle insurance benefits and protections?
In general, examples of types of car insurance consist of total loss only (TLO) car insurance and all risk (comprehensive) car insurance.
1. Total Loss Only Car Insurance Benefits (Total Loss/TLO Car Insurance)
As the name implies, total loss only (TLO) car insurance offers car insurance benefits in the form of claims that can only be made if there is a total loss. The total loss in question is damage that occurs above 75% or loss due to theft or confiscation. The amount of damage of 75% is used as a benchmark because the car will certainly not be able to be used again.
2. All Risk (Comprehensive) Car Insurance Benefits
All risk insurance is a long-term and comprehensive protection insurance, it protects the vehicle from losses, for example from accidents, other people's evil deeds, fire, and others.
Ask us about vehicle insurance via the WhatsApp chat application or contact us at the Sahabat Insurance call center 021 - 50508080
Driving Tips on Uphill Road
Driving on uphill road conditions is often a challenge. Moreover, the contours of the roads that are passed are quite diverse, ranging from climbs, steep descents, slippery and dense vehicles alias jammed. In fact, parking at the mall sometimes has narrow roads due to the limited building area. In general, there are three aspects that cause a car to fail to climb, namely the road surface factor, the condition of the vehicle and the driver himself. Road condition means a condition where the sandy road is steep, potholed or slippery which has the potential to make the vehicle fail to climb. While the condition of the vehicle that is not powered may be due to lack of maintenance, tires, small cc engine power but a lot of cargo. While the driver factor, for example, the skill of the driver to master the vehicle when on an uphill road.
Because, in this situation, the driver tends to panic, then reflexively steps on the gas so that the system perceives a sudden spike in vehicle acceleration.
This is very dangerous, because tire slippage can occur, making the momentum to go on an incline lost. As a result, instead of moving forward, the car is going backwards. The driver must adjust the momentum and step on the gas pedal (acceleration) which regulates the engine rotation rhythm and is not too high so that the car can still climb without slipping.
Does Car Insurance Cover Flood Damage?
If you have car insurance, check the benefits you have, as standard auto insurance policies do not have flood protection.
This explanation is contained in the Indonesian Motor Vehicle Insurance Standard Policy (PSAKBI) article 3. It states that insurance will not replace and guarantee losses, damage, costs for motorized vehicles caused by: 3.2. earthquake, volcanic eruption, hurricane, storm, tsunami, hail, flood, puddle, landslide or other geological or meteorological phenomenon.
In order for the car to be guaranteed from these risks, you must expand to protect the vehicle from losses due to flooding.
Driving Tips: Prevent Parking Lot Crashes
While driving, the car is at risk of being damaged not only while on the road, but also when it is parked. To prevent this, there are some tips that you can do when parking the car, including:
- Choose a large area, safe and not too close to buildings, sidewalks, fences or piles of heavy and large items.
- Try to always park the car in a location with a flat surface.
- There are various risks that can occur when the car is parked under a tree.
- Many car owners choose to park their cars outdoors. Extreme weather changes, from heat to rain, during the changing seasons can also accelerate the deterioration of your car's paint.
- It would be easier to stay unseen while stealing from a car in darkness or in quiet area.
- Parking a car is not an easy affair, especially for drivers who are beginners. Often accidents happen when the driver tries to park his car, for example if he grazed a nearby car or stepped on the wrong pedal and hit a shop wall. Understand the limits of your driving ability and always be aware of your surroundings whenever you want to park your car.
Call us for information on vehicle protection at 021-50508080.