Travel Safety Tips for Solo Traveller
Here are six suggestions to help you feel more secure when traveling alone: 1. Share Your Travel Plans With Trusted Family or Friends and Stay Connected. 2. Share your adventure on Social Media 3. Make a Travel Journal 4. Secure Your Identity on email, drive or clouds 5. Avoid Reckless Behaviors and Use Common Sense. 6. Get Travel Insurance.
Sahabat Insurance Excellent Rating
Jakarta - Infobank has again conducted an insurance rating and published it in the July 2022 edition of Infobank Magazine. This year's insurance rating is titled "Rating 110 Insurance Version of Infobank 2022". Ratings were carried out on 110 insurance companies, including 65 general insurance companies.
Based on data from the Infobank Research Bureau (birl), PT Asuransi Sahabat Artha Proteksi (Sahabat Insurance) was ranked 2nd with “Excellent” rating and a total score of 91,12% based on the category of general insurance companies with a gross profit above Rp 250 billion-Rp 500 billion.
Last year, Sahabat Insurance was awarded the “Excellent” rating in General Insurance of the 2021 infobank magazine Version based on the category of general insurance companies with a gross profit Rp 100 billion - under Rp 250 billion.
Source: “Rating 110 Insurance Infobank 2022 Version”. Infobank Magazine July 2022 edition.
Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever is a mosquito-borne disease that occurs in tropical and subtropical regions of the world. For mild dengue fever, it will cause a high fever and flu-like symptoms.
Many people have no signs or symptoms of dengue hemorrhagic fever infection. When symptoms do occur, they are mistaken for other illnesses, such as the flu. Usually symptoms will appear from four to 10 days after you are bitten by a mosquito.
This disease can cause a high fever of up to 40 degrees Celsius. In addition, some other symptoms, including:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Pain behind the eyes
- Swollen glands.
- Use air conditioning or mosquito nets installed in the vents and beds. In addition, mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus are most active from dawn to dusk, but they can also bite at night.
- Wear protective clothing when you go to mosquito-infested areas, wear long sleeves, long pants, socks and shoes.
- Use insect repellents such as permethrin as they can be applied to clothing, shoes, camping gear, and mosquito nets. You can also buy clothes made with permethrin already in them. For skin, use a repellent that contains at least a 10 percent concentration of DEET.
- Reducing mosquito habitat by closing standing water. Mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus usually live in and around homes, breeding in standing water that can congregate on used car tires. You can help reduce mosquito populations by eliminating the habitats where they lay their eggs. At least once a week, empty and clean containers that contain standing water, such as planting containers, animal dishes, and flower vases. Keep the water container closed between cleanings. (Source: halodoc.com)