May Allah shower all His blessings upon you on this holy month. Ramadan Kareem to you and your family.
Earthquake Insurance: Extension Coverage
Earthquakes may happen naturally , but we do not know exactly when. Vehicle insurance, as in the Indonesian Automotive Insurance Standard Policy issued by AAUI, does not have Earthquake Coverage included in the Standard policy. To have an Earthquake Risk Guarantee, the Insured needs to extend the Earthquake Protection Guarantee as Extension Coverage (Additional Coverage). For more info about the extension coverage, please contact Sahabat Insurance call center or via WhatsApp chat: 021-50508080.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
In general, each car has a unique vehicle identification number or NIK. This number consists of 17 characters, combines letters and numbers and is considered the birth certificate of the car. In fact, it is an international code created to facilitate car identification. NIK is also known as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). NIK stores a lot of information such as car history records, car variations and models, where they were made, specifications, and much more. This number can be found on different parts of the car such as the driver's door, chassis, hood, dashboard and under the front passenger seat depending on the type of car you have.